Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Pacific Symposium for Science and Sustainability. Please complete the online application before October 31st (sooner the better!). Read the Instructions and Handbook carefully. We hope to see all of you there!
The 2020 Pacific Symposium for Science & Sustainability
JANUARY 19-20, 2020 ALA MOANA HOTEL
The Pacific Symposium for Science and Sustainability (PS3) serves as a regional competition for students to advance to the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS). The JSHS is a national program funded by the United States Department of the Army, Navy, Air Force and sponsored by the Academy of Applied Science. Five finalists will be selected to represent the Pacific Region in the National JSHS competition with an all-expense paid trip in the Spring. The top three PS3 finalists will also win scholarship awards: 1st Place - $2000; 2nd Place - $1500; 3rd Place - $1000. For more detailed information about the National JSHS competition, please visit the JSHS website.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Must be a student enrolled in a Hawaii, American Samoa, or Micronesia high school
- Must be a student in grades 9-12
POINTERS FROM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- An online application must be completed before you can submit a research paper
- Email email@example.com if you wish to make changes to your application at any time up until you submit you research paper
- Abstracts and Research papers are due on NOVEMBER 8, 2019
- You will receive a REPLY after you submit your paper. If you do not receive a REPLY within 24 hours, please submit it again and/or contact our office for confirmation
- If accepted to PS3, you may continue to collect data, improve methods, revise findings for your project up until the morning of the Symposia. However, you are NOT allowed to change your project completely from the paper you submitted.
Congratulations to ALL the 2019 student participants!
Aslan Cook, Kamehameha Schools Kapalama, Grade 12 - 1st place ($2000 award)
Stephanie Yoshida, Punahou School, Grade 10 - 2nd place ($1500 award)
Jake Uyechi, Kamehameha Schools Kapalama, Grade 12- 3rd place ($1000 award)
Samuel Cadotte, Kalaheo High School, Grade 12 - 4th place
Cindy Tsou, Mililani High School, Grade 12 - 5th place
Sonja Giardina, Hilo High School, Grade 11 - Alternate
2019 HONORABLE MENTIONS BEST LIBRARY PAPER
Kaʻeo Kekumano, Kamehameha Schools Kapalama, Grade 11 Eileen Miller, West Hawaii Explorations Academy, Grade 12
Jordan Vaughn, Maui High School, Grade 11
Nalani Miller, Kamehameha Schools Kapalama, Grade 12 JSHS PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLAR NOMINEE
Sophie Young, South Pacific Academy, Grade 12 Kaʻeo Kekumano, Kamehameha Schools Kapalama, Grade 11